12 April 2009

Wedge Worldwide Co-op

One of my favorite online resources for gifts is Wedge Worldwide Co-op. The Wedge Co-op is a natural foods store in Minneapolis, but they also run an online store with eco-friendly gifts from around the world. (Hold the locavore arguments for a moment -- I have no rebuttal except to showcase the beauty of what WW offers.)

My favorite gift to give -- the footed teacups from Japan. My second favorite -- the Happy Monkey setting for kids (or my brother).

And now they're selling vermicomposters! Can it get any better?

Yes -- because even Crate and Barrel is selling kitchen food waste containers. If people can find outdoor composting bins easily online -- and in some local plant nurseries -- and indoor collection bins easily, what's stopping the compost revolution?

No comments: